Avoid false alarms
1. Do not place heat generating objects within the detection range of the thermopile sensor, such as heaters, water heaters, televisions, computers, refrigerators and other electrical appliances, unless these electrical appliances are turned off. Heating, water heaters, computers, and refrigerators are turned on and off in the automatic program control state which will cause false alarms.
2. Avoid strong light interference within the detection range of the thermopile sensor, such as sunlight, car lights, spotlights and lighting. The rich infrared spectrum of these light sources can cause false alarms.
3. Avoid objects that will be blown by the wind, such as curtains, clothing, and flowers within the detection range. Before placing, close windows and doors to avoid air convection causing objects to scoop and cause false alarms. Because the fluttering object will cut the infrared rays which makes the detector misjudge.
4. Avoid animal interference within the detection range, and adjust the height of the lower depth detection area so that animals below 0.5 meters are not in the detection area. If the family has pets, the multi-area detector can be replaced with a horizontal detector. The easiest way is to use an opaque tape to paste on the lower end of the lens.
5. Find the false alarm detector, find out the reason and eliminate it. Usually within the range of the anti-theft detection, the detection sensitivity can be fine-tuned to moderately reduce the detection distance.
6. Choose a detector that is qualified and cost-effective by the Ministry of Public Security.
Avoid missing alarms
1. Keep no obstacles in the detection range, in case of the insufficient detection gap is not enough to cause an alarm.
2. The detection range and the direction of human movement are in the form of crossing. Do not place the director directly to face the direction of human movement.
3. The installation position of the detector should not cause a blind spot in detection range, giving thieves an opportunity.
4. The detector should be installed close to the protected objects, such as safes, confidential information cabinets and other valuable objects.
5. The detection range must have a margin. In summer, when the ambient temperature rises and the temperature is the same as the surface temperature of the human body (30～32℃), the detection distance will be shortened by more than 1/3, and even some detectors will not work. Therefore, highly attention must be paid on it.
6. Keep testing once within 10 days to ensure normal operation. Pay attention to cleaning the Fresnel lens. The stains and mildew spots on the concentric surface of the front and back will affect the detection distance and its effect.